Thursday, November 15, 2007

Alrighty, I just got back from the exhibition. It was kind of boring, very much small talk and sipping wine. There were a few interesting characters there though, like I saw Dr Woffles Wu! hahah, and honestly I think he did some work on himself. Met this guy who was the ex-ceo of some big advertising company in asia and has now retired to do some screen writing for a movie he's planning to make.

My uncle was really funny cuz he was supposed to help my bro do some networking with a few big shot bankers, and all he did was take my brother over, introduced him and ran away, eaving my poor old bro stranded there! And I just found out he was the previous owner of the grinning gecko, yep the very one at central library. He was like "Back in my day it was very happening, but after those guys took over..." when I told him I hardly ate there. Hence, he was immensely pleased when I told him it's kinda dead now.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I always felt awkward whipping out my camera for no reason. Maybe i'll put some up when the photos are sent over. Two more exhibitions on sunday! One is my mum's friend's, about ceramics, and the other is andy warhol. Sure is a rush against time.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: